Thursday 29 January 2015

Tuesday 27th January 

6.39m @ 8.16 p/m 
52 mins 
Back from work 

Enjoyed catching up with Marathon Talk on the iPod, and took the indirect route home down the Pershore Road and up around Selly Oak. An unremarkable run, but felt strong at a reasonable pace. Left foot feeling just a little sore from last nights tempo, but nothing to worry about I think 

Wednesday 28th January 

5m - no Garmin
Back from work - with Jack 

Rather than a rest day I took a nice easy recovery run back home, with Jack. I think these runs help with the conditioning and it was a gently pace, although with no watch, an undetermined one! 


Thursday 29th January 

5.57m @ 9.16 p/m 
51 mins 
Back from work - very icy (been snowing) 

In football terms, it was a run of two halves! I was aiming to do a 11 miler this evening, either at BVH or a long run home. The weather put plans to that though; we had a day of snow although not enough to affect my running, or so I thought! Decided on the run home again, and the first couple of miles out of town were serene enough, melted pavements and easy under foot. I reached the Uni and it suddenly became more treacherous; nasty ice patches all the way home. I'm really tentative on icy surfaces, it's just no fun at all! Took caution and just jogged back gingerly. I don't think we're in for a big snow bout, but today was proof that sometimes the best laid plans need adaptations …. 

Another easy run though to clock up those miles. Rest day tomorrow after running 5 days straight now, and a big weekend ahead, weather permitting 

No comments:

Post a Comment