Friday 2 January 2015

Wednesday 31st December - end of year + WAVA 

4.58 m @ 7.53 p/m 
36 mins
Quinton hills route 

So, the last run of 2014! After entertaining Ro and Jake, who are up for the New Year, I managed to squeeze in one last, very easy, evening run before the festivities began, heralding in 2015. With Goldie Lookin' Chain to power me on, I took it very easy on the Quinton Tesco hill route, reflecting on the year and with the purpose of a last shop in the Co-Op, running back worth a box of tea-bags. Now there's multi-tasking!

Had a really enjoyable New Year - watched When Harry Met Sally, couple of bottles of champagne and the usual fireworks on TV. Welcome 2015!

That makes a total of 1277 miles for the year, an average of 24.5 miles per week, and although I'm never really bothered with my weight, I've managed to get down form over 90 kgs down to a run-worthy 85kg, before now eating my way back up to the mid 87kg's. Think I'll need to focus on getting back to 85 region, to be in the best shape for London, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem

I've been looking at this year's achievements too. Trained hard for both a 10km (DK in May) and a Half Marathon (Cardiff in October). Interestingly, the age-grading (WAVA) for my times are 70.9% for the 10km (40.40) and 71.1% for the Half Marathon (1.28.06). These are regional level gradings for a 42 year old.  The mystery is how do I translate these to the marathon - a 3.05 marathon is equivalent to 70.3%, which I don't think I'm capable of, and am not really aiming for anyway. Will have to ponder this for the rest of the programme …

No comments:

Post a Comment