Thursday 29 January 2015

Monday 26th January 

6.57m @ 7.17 p/m 
47 mins
BVH - Man on the Moon route 

In not being able to add any pace into yesterday's run, I thought it was time to push on a little this evening, so rather than talk my way through the first few miles I went out with Andy Wheeler with the intention of trying to hold on round the route. I was OK for the first few miles, but then Andy, Gareth and Matt left me behind, to up the tempo a little more and pass some of the steadier runners on the remainder of the Man on the Moon route.

I've definitely lost some pace with having doing a fair bit of slower running. I felt strong and it was good wearing shorts (rather than running tights) at this time of the year, which strangely seems to make the run feel that bit faster! Happy with 7.17's, but strange to think I can handle sub 7's in half marathons; although I'm not in this form presently. With an icy forecast, good to get the tempo run out of the way for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment