Friday 2 January 2015

Thursday 1st January 2015

10m @ 8.23 p/m 
1hr 23 mins 

The best way to usher in a New Year and clear the head - an early run. An inauspicious, dark skied morning, but mild, ideal for running. Out just after 8am and the mid-week longish run, 10 miles, beckoned. The world was still very sleepy, and I was surprised to see a hairdressers open in Handsworth and wondered what the in-mates of HMP Winson Green made of the new year (a new start?) as I ran by, taking in the A4040 route and dropping down on the canals just after Smethwick. Gentle pace, breaking in what will hopefully be a big year of running. I do like this route; through the industrial hinterlands passed Handsworth and the peace of the canal network, especially this time of year.

I think the festive period has taking it out of me a bit though; I was in a grumpy old mood most of the day, probably not helped by taking Jake (and Dan and James) to a very poor Villa game (against Palace) and Arsenal losing too. Oh well, different year, same old S***!




No comments:

Post a Comment