Sunday 1 February 2015

Week 7
48.2 miles 

A good week in difficult running conditions (icy). Feeling strong after an 18 miler at the weekend 


Saturday 31st January 

18 miles @ 8.30 p/m
2 hrs 32 mins 

With the Burns night party at the Taylor's later, it seemed sensible to get the long run completed today, and I had the opportunity this morning with snow sabotaging the boys' rugby and football matches. After taking Delilah out for an early morning walk, I was a little worried about the conditions, it was very slushy, but had nothing to worry about

Got all the warm running gear on and headed down to town, meeting Jack at 5 ways roundabout, as he's doing his half  marathoning training. I'm not used to doing long runs with company, but I think it really helped as we waxed lyrical over the next couple of hours, and the miles flew by. We headed out through town and over to Villa Park, taking in the A4040 route and back on to the canals to Winson Green. Jack was coping well too, and we steadied into a 8.30 pace, for the 13.5 miles that he ran with me, stopping just for a Go Gel at 1.5 hrs. I then increased the pace for the last couple of miles home, and was back before mid-day.

My body must be adapting to the mileage as I was definitely feeling strong. Mind you, I was very tired later in the afternoon and suffered in drinking and eating too much at the Burns Party later, amidst great company.


Sunday 1st February 

6.72m @ 8.28 p/m 
56 mins 

A nice easy day of mostly sport; Andy Murray losing in the Australian Open, England losing in their cricket final and Arsenal thrashing the Villa 5-0. Indespersed I managed an easy run down the walkway and around the Reservoir, aiming for around 7 miles. Legs fine but feeling generally tired, although did miss the Stourbridge Stagger; not really an option after yesterday's long run and today's hangover …

Another week down.


No comments:

Post a Comment