Sunday 25 January 2015

Week 6 - down as a 'Recovery week' 

29.5 miles in total 


Monday 19th January 

6.1m @ c7.50 p/m - race pace 
Kings Heath route at BVH 

A bitter evening at the club but an enjoyable run around the Kings Heath route; one of my favourites. Roads a little more thawed too. Just an approximate speed - my Garmin decided not too work - the joys of technology!

Wed 21st January 

4.16m @ 8.25 p/m 
35 mins 
Hagley Road back from work 

Determined to follow the schedule and take it nice and easy this week! Gentle run back from work. Felt a little sluggish but could be to do with the meals enjoyed yesterday on a day off doing lots of household chores with Sian. Ironically though with all this running, I feel that I'm putting on weight - perhaps over compensating in the junk food department. Will have to watch this I think

Thurs 22nd January 

Coaching at BVH 
7.3m inc. 6x800m reps at Kings Norton Industrial Estate - speed 
averaging at 6.30 p/m 

Really good session. Down to coach with Alan and we had a good session at Kings Norton Business Park; a great track for putting in some speedy efforts. Good turnout too, but after the initial encouragement and the mark down of the 800m mark (well 1/2m, but who's splitting hairs!), I joined in and tried to hang on the back of a few of the faster guys. Fared OK, but I think all this slow running has taken away some of my speed, inevitable I suppose. I think it;s important to maintain it though

Sunday 25th January 

12 miles @ 8.26 p/m 
1hr 41 mins 
Edgbaston reservoir and the Canals 

Really didn't fee like a run today! Decided against the gym on Friday and feeling a little lacklustre, after a really good day yesterday walking Delilah in Clent with Pete and his hounds, and going around to Mike and Jane's for a curry in the evening. Resulted in a hangover, a concoction of lager, sloe gin and red wine and a weak will for getting out the door.

Anyhow, on a much milder morning than of late I trod the Harborne Walkway and finally found the back gate way in to Edgbaston Reservior, thank to Rich Rollins! That cheered me up somewhat and after taking it easy down the canals and through town, felt much better! 12 miles wasn't too arduous but it looks like the schedule ramps up a fair bit for the next few weeks. I think I'm looking forward to it, but now suffering from over eating and drinking and not getting enough quality sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment