Saturday 25 April 2015

Saturday 25th April 

4.08m @ 8.26 p/m 
34 mins 

Woke up at 5.30am feeling restless. Out the door at 6am for the last pre-marathon run. Don't know why I'm feeling a little anxious - it's not new. Maybe it's the fear of messing up again on the day, almost like if I get it wrong again, that's the end of it. The marathon is just not meant to be, in terms of doing it justice. Dosen't make too much sense and after all, it's only a run, but when do these things ever truly rationalise?

The run was great - it's so still in Harborne at this time of the morning, as the sun broke over the sleepy village. Hardly a soul around. My iPod decided not to work (typical) but as I'm not running to plan with music tomorrow, it's no big deal. So that's the last few miles in the bank and muscles still feeling fresh and bouncy.

Time to throw my bag together and travel down to London for the ExPo, meet up with Pete and look forward to tomorrow. Must remember my trainers ….

Forecast looking like it's going to be a wet one - should suit me, as long as I don't get too soaked before the race begins. Cool too, about 10-12 degrees, so i won't have the excuse of the heat if it all goes wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment